Old December 15th 15, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Satellit 500 repair in UK

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015, wrote:

I have a Sat 500 which has all a.m.functions.F.m. works perfectly however.
I'm now looking for someone capable of fixing this setin UK..Not looking for a cheap job necessarily.
I'm reluctant to scrap it or see for spares as it's such a nice radio BUT it doesn't work;
Your help appreciated.
Julian

Both the 500 and the 700 have a lot of internal connectors, between the
boards. Opening the receiver up, and disconnnecting and reconnecging the
various connectors may help, the contacts may not be making proper
contact, but jiggling them like this restores it. I recall one of them, I
can't remember if it wsa my 500 or my 700, the display wasn't displaying
(maybe some other problems) but working on the connectors restored things.

Michael