Old December 15th 15, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] djuljon@yahoo.com is offline

Default Satellit 500 repair in UK

On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 18:47:28 UTC, wrote:
On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 9:16:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I have a Sat 500 which has all a.m.functions.F.m. works perfectly however.
I'm now looking for someone capable of fixing this setin UK..Not looking for a cheap job necessarily.
I'm reluctant to scrap it or see for spares as it's such a nice radio BUT it doesn't work;
Your help appreciated.
Julian

What is the actual problem/symptom ?

Turn on the radio and enter a frequency which will display with a lot of static noise but no signal on a.m..
do the same with f.m and you get an excellent signal.
As I said above I've noticed a clunking noise in the past when the radio was moved or turned accompanied by a loss of a.m. just as though some internal connection was lost .I'm not an electronnics man so that's why I'm seeking someone to fix this in UK .such a fine radio.My best IMO out of a whole lot of Sony products