Old January 14th 16, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
analogdial analogdial is offline

Default Interference

Brian Gaff wrote:

No it does not work and is very inefficient even using microwaves as it
heats up the water vapour in the air.

Brian

Yes, it works (basic Tesla stuff, after all) and it's expected to
use frequencies up to a few megahertz, not microwaves.

"For IPT applications of several kilo-Watts such as
charging electric vehicle, energy efficiency higher than 90%
is possible. For low-power wireless charging of mobile
phones (up to 5W), typical system energy efficiency
exceeding 70% can be achieved. For these modern short-
range domestic and industrial applications, the operating
frequency is usually in the range of 20 kHz to a few Mega-
Hertz"

http://hub.hku.hk/bitstream/10722/18...t.pdf?accept=1

This is magnetic resonant coupling used at distances within one
wavelength. I have a strong suspicion that the low shortwave
frequencies will be the first target because 1) the wavelengths are
suitable and the receiving coils will be minimized 2) they will want to
keep the interference out of the MW broadcast band 3) the politics
favor the charger users over the SW radio users.

I'll speculate that these things will be allowed to be significant
harmonic generators up to the TV band.