Old February 7th 16, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SONY ICF-2010 or Grundig 750

On Sun, 7 Feb 2016, Michael wrote:

Which is the better radio? I can get the first one for $250 used and the
second for $285 new.

It's hard to beat the 2010.

On the other hand, the 750 is one of the few recent desktop receives made,
so if you like a knob to spin, and traditional layout, it offers something
most recent receivers don't.

The 750 doesn't have a synchronous detector, which seems like a step back
for something that was a bit more expensive.

You should look at the selectivity of both. That is a factor, I'm not
sure if one is better than the other in that way.

Michael