Old March 6th 16, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DhiaDuit DhiaDuit is offline

Default Truth is Stranger Than Fiction

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 10:42:53 AM UTC-6, DhiaDuit wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 7:28:56 AM UTC-6, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
While reading a non-fiction (and non-political) book in my Kindle a few
days ago, I came across the word "trumpery" -- which is from the Middle
French, a few hundred years ago.

Here is the definition from the on-line Merriam-Webster dictionary:

1
a : worthless nonsense
b : trivial or useless articles

and from dictionary.com :

noun, plural trumperies.
1.
something without use or value; rubbish; trash; worthless stuff.
2.
nonsense; twaddle:
His usual conversation is pure trumpery.

How aptly named can a guy be?

Don't believe me? Look it up...

Isn't/wasen't his real sur-name, Drumf?, sumpin like that? Dude, Names change, Lee Marvin's given name was Marvin Lee. Guy Madison saw a Dolly Madison cake delivery van in Hollywood/whatever. He changed his name (I don't reckymember what it was before) ( www.imdb.com ) to Guy Madison. DOG is GOD spelled backwards.

Doggy said, Surname Trump ...You tell 'em, doggy. ///I just did. WOO WOO WOOF!///