Old March 6th 16, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default Truth is Stranger Than Fiction

On 3/6/2016 8:28 AM, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
While reading a non-fiction (and non-political) book in my Kindle a few
days ago, I came across the word "trumpery" -- which is from the Middle
French, a few hundred years ago.

Here is the definition from the on-line Merriam-Webster dictionary:

1
a : worthless nonsense
b : trivial or useless articles

and from dictionary.com :

noun, plural trumperies.
1.
something without use or value; rubbish; trash; worthless stuff.
2.
nonsense; twaddle:
His usual conversation is pure trumpery.

How aptly named can a guy be?

Don't believe me? Look it up...

From the looks of it, you should call him Adolf...
Check out the Hitler pledge in Florida...

Drifter...