Old January 11th 05, 11:36 PM
Brian Reay

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message
"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Some things are best simple:

Mobilephones (Proud owner of a Nokia 3310.)

I'm sold on wireless Internet connectivity, sorry. WiFi/WiMax's coverage

is
still a drop in the bucket compared to WCDMA/GPRS/EDGE coverage.

Must be a big phone just to get the label on it ;-)

Watches ( I don't even like quartz watches, give me a mechanical

automatic
any day.)

I like mechnical watches, but there's something to be said for dual time
zones, chronographs, count down alarms, etc. too!

I can't imagine how I live without then. Nice mechanical hands that move, a
nice tick, and not having to wind it up. If cars were as reliable as a
Rolex, garages would be out of business.

Razors (why do people like electric razors?)

Mainly laziness; the last thing I want to do when I'm still groggy in the
morning is deal with changing a double-edged razor blade.

Don't you have those snazzy clip in dual (or even triple) bladed beasts. Do
them in the dark.

Plus, a proper wet shave lasts all day. An electric tickle about 4 hours.

Toothbrushes (electric toothes, I ask you).

I'd speculate that _most_ people do a better job of cleaning with an
electric toothbrush than with a 'manual...'

I've heard that before. However, there is also the case for 'up and down'
motion (no innuendo intended) and electric toothbrushes are rotary.
--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk