Old January 12th 05, 12:39 AM
Prometheus

In article , Brian Reay
writes
Even worse, terminal boredom watching phone geeks comparing features.

An anthropomorphic study of the lesser witted geek should be
interesting, one must ask is the species viable?

What
is wrong with a basic phone?

Unless you need the extra features, nothing. I have a digital camera
which is much better than any in a phone, my pocket radio is better than
any phone, my handheld computer is better than any phone. My mobile
phone is smaller than any phone containing "feature" I seldom want to
carry around.

Some things are best simple:

However not automatically so.

Mobilephones (Proud owner of a Nokia 3310.)

Depends if you NEED more than speech.

Watches ( I don't even like quartz watches, give me a mechanical
automatic
any day.)

My analogue quarts is more rugged and accurate but I do have to change
the battery every three years so I do have some sympathy for a
mechanical automatic.

Razors (why do people like electric razors?)

Perhaps they find the vibration of an electric shaver to be auto-erotic,
I prefer the closer shave obtained with a real razor.

Toothbrushes (electric toothes, I ask you).

Depends on the type; the reciprocating rotary head are more effective
than an ordinary brush, the vibrating etc. are a waste of time.

I take an engineering approach and select equipment to be effective
rather than simply rejecting anything that is not traditional (otherwise
you would have to reject all phones and use runners).

--
Ian G8ILZ