Old April 17th 16, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike S Mike S is offline

Default Kenwood R-1000

On 4/15/2016 12:06 AM, wrote:
Hi I have a Kenwood R 1000 , love it . . it developed power problems . i have since stripped the power board . .unfortunately I cant get most of the important parts . do you know of any second hand or new boards available I really want this radio to work again. Regards Peter ZS5 PX

Have you seen this

Kenwood R1000 Performance Upgrades
Power Supply Upgrade

This upgrade replaces all the electrolytic capacitors on the power
supply board. Kiwa offers this upgrade both as a kit and a Kiwa
installed upgrade. If you find that the frequency display is
intermittent or holds on a particular frequency, it is time to replace
the power supply capacitors and resolder the connections on the voltage
regulators.

Power Supply Upgrade Kit $15.00
Kiwa installation of the Power Supply Upgrade - includes parts $35.00

Other R1000 upgrades: 1. Kiwa can also improve the sensitivity of the
R1000 receiver below 200 kHz (the stock receiver has very poor
sensitivity below 200 kHz) 2. Incandescent lamp replacement. The lamps
for the front panel display eventually fail. Kiwa can replace the lamps.

Address and tn of Kiwa Electronics is on pg

http://www.kiwa.com/R1000.html