Old June 19th 16, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK[_7_] BDK[_7_] is offline

Default Disappearance of Short Wave Time Signals at 5, 10, 15, 20kHz

In article ,
says...

Disappearance of Short Wave Time Signals at 5, 10, 15, 20kHz

Thirty years ago, that ticking atomic clock could be picked
up on any shortwave receiver, whether one paid $40 or
$400 for it, or even on the boom-boxes of that day, of
which the majority featured at least SW1 & SW2. Starting
in the 1990s, it became increasingly more difficult to tune
them in, even with a dedicated shortwave radio. They'd
come in on only certain of those frequencies, or only at
certain times of day.

Now, they are all but inaudible except for once in a while,
every other day, on one frequency or another. All I hear at
those frequencies is loud static or noise.

What's going on?? I actually use the signals to adjust 'dumb'
clocks and watches(windup ones or basic battery ones).

Fired my POS $14 portable, and it was blasting in at 5 and 10 MHZ, as
usual at night. In the daytime, I can hear it at 15 and 20 almost all
the time, and often at 10MHZ too. I'm not in a quiet RF zone, so I have
no idea what you're babbling about.

--
BDK: Head Government Shill, Psychotronic World Dominator. Master of
Remote Viewing. Level 6 expert in kOOkStudies.