Old June 19th 16, 05:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Disappearance of Short Wave Time Signals at 5, 10, 15, 20kHz

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

"Fired my POS $14 portable, and it was blasting in at 5 and 10 MHZ, as
usual at night. In the daytime, I can hear it at 15 and 20 almost all
the time, and often at 10MHZ too. I'm not in a quiet RF zone, so I have
no idea what you're babbling about. . "

Guess it just depends on where each of us lives.

I've lived in CT all my life, and your situation
describes my time signal reception up until about
twenty years ago. Since then, the noise went up
and the time signals faded away. Not for nothing,
I do get them occasionally - 2-3x per week on my
Grundig Buzz Aldrin Edition G6.