Old July 4th 16, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DhiaDuit DhiaDuit is offline

Default Your Experiences With SW Tuners in 'Boom Boxes'

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 9:28:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 9:22:27 AM UTC-4, analogdial wrote:

Like most collectables, the prices will peak, then decline. Eventually,
people who want that sort of stuff will have all they can handle.
Later, their families will get rid of them cheap at estate sales and the
thrift store.

Based on what I've seen at Goodwills and Salvation
Army stores within 50 miles of my house, plus a large
outdoor flea market that operates most Sundays
from April-October, I think that cycle of the
sales life of old blasters has run its course.

I'll just toggle buy-it-now on E-Bay and start saving
up.

Vintage thingys aren't selling so good nowadays,perhaps it is the economy. Many home consumer radios from as far back as the 1930s, or earlier,radios,table models and floor models, had some Shortwave bands.