Old January 8th 17, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe from Kokomo[_2_] Joe from Kokomo[_2_] is offline

Default Disappearance of Short Wave Time Signals at 5, 10, 15, 20kHz

On 1/7/2017 7:28 PM, wrote:
Something I never thought of: Most of these
official time transmitters are west of the
Mississippi. I live on the east coast. No
frickn wonder!

Dear NIST: provide us east
coasters with better shortwave reception of
these signals!!

Never (unless there was an actual radio blackout) had any trouble
hearing them here in the great midwest. What kind of antenna/receiver
are you using?

If you *really do* need a time signal closer to you, try CHU in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHU_(radio_station)

---