Old February 4th 17, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DanNospamSay DanNospamSay is offline

Default Is there much on shortwave anymore?

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 2:32:29 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Hello,

When I was in my youth in the 1960s, I listened to shortwave and found
it interesting. I moved on to other things in life and in the 1990s, it
seemed like the internet became the better way to communicate about the
world. But it seems that in the past 5 or 6 years, the internet has
become stagnant and "social media" is not the rage, and in all honesty,
I find it to be little more than rubbish.

Thanks for all feedback....

Not all SW is in English, (even from English countries).
You can get 'back-signals' from BBC's Ascension Island (look it up)
transmitter which can be intersting.
Try the ADDX list of languages available.
http://addx.de/Hfpdat/plaene.php

See news now at
http://www.shortwaveschedule.com/index.php?now=true
or
http://www.short-wave.info/

See the selection of remote receivers at
http://www.websdr.org/

Learn another language too.