Old February 13th 17, 06:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] asswideshut@138mail.com is offline

Default Urgent Message: Need Advice

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 11:23:13 PM UTC-6, George Cornelius wrote:

"As with prior owner Pfeiffer Heileman purchased smaller struggling
breweries with regional bases, and again Schmidt's brewery was one of
many in a vast beer empire, the brewery though ran at near capacity while it
[per]severed under Heileman and rivaled the La Crosse brewery, in efficiency.
Along with its own brand the Brewery brewed Heileman's flagship brand Old
Style, as well as Blatz, Grain Belt and Hauenstein. By 1981 Heileman was
the 4th largest Brewing Company in the country. Still without a nationally
recognized brand it was vulnerable to competition, in 1987 the company was
bought out by corporate raider Alan Bond who had built his empire on junk
bonds and when they crashed lost everything causing Heileman to be a
[casuality] of the largest financial collapse in Australian history and by
1990 brewing on the (Schmidt Brewery) site would cease for the first time
since in 1855."

Ah Schmidt beer! http://www.schmidtbeer.com/ At my request my dad bought me a six pack of Schmidt Big Mouths on my 15th birthday with the proviso I drink it at home. I did and thought I was all grown up. Oh the memories. I'd give anything to go back in time, it was a much simpler and happy time.