Old February 13th 17, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Nyssa[_2_] Nyssa[_2_] is offline

Default Urgent Message: Need Advice

wrote:

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 10:09:40 AM UTC-6,
DhiaDuit wrote:

I have a box of Honey Maid, Vanilla Natural Flavor With
Other Natural Flavor, crackers. It doesn't say on the box
where the crackers are made. Distributed by Mondelez
Global LLC. East Hanover, New Jersey.
www.honeymaid.com

Look at the expiration date on the package. The 2 letter
code after the year will tell you where they are made. MM=
Monterrey, Mexico. MS= Salinas, Mexico.

I checked the box of Ritz in my kitchen, and its code = AZ
(Azerbajan?).

And when I was in the grocery store this morning (they had
Ritz and Oreos on sale...no, I didn't buy any), so I checked
the codes on those packages. Ritz was a mix of AZ and MS,
the Oreos I checked were AZ.

The Ritz box with the MS code *did* have "Made in Mexico"
listed on the side panel.

I've warned one of my neighbors what to be on the lookout
for (she had a box of Nabisco saltines, but those were AZ
coded) and will spread the word.

I'll mention it on the Liberty Net next week as well.

Nyssa, who also had a nice chat with the Frito-Lays guy
about stocking some more varieties of low salt chips