Old February 14th 17, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Nyssa[_2_] Nyssa[_2_] is offline

Default Sirius/XM Radio

wrote:

Anyone else fed up with them increasing the volume of
commercials nearly 50% louder than regular programming? I
know they aren't under FCC regs against doing that but
Jeezus give us a break! You about get knocked out of your
chair every time they go to a commercial.

And is the obnoxious idiot hustling a snoring contraption
ever going to go away? Every other commercial is either
him or the cheesy 1-800-Cars For Kids sing-songy assault.
Nothing like have that annoying jingle rattling around
inside your dome for the rest of the day!

If baseball season wasn't upcoming I'd cancel my
subscription.

I've got a lifetime subscription to Sirius radio. I avoided
the price increases and am now past the break-even point
based on what I paid versus what each of the past five+
years would have cost. So no annual charges. Too bad they
stopped offering it for new customers.

for the NHL games. Now they only have *some* of the games on
Sirius but ALL of them are on XM. I've called and complained
to no avail. Their answer is that all the games are available
on Sirius Internet "Radio" at an additional charge. I'm on
dialup, so even if I were willing to pay extra for what I
should already be getting (I'm not), it wouldn't work. And I
can't haul my computer from one end of the house to the other
like I can my radio to listen while I'm working.

And if there is no RF involved, it isn't RADIO, dammit!

I accused them of treating their customers differently based
on whether they are Sirius or XM even though they're supposed
to be the same company. They didn't seem to care. No surprise.

I'll agree that some of the commercials they have are the
audio equivalent of late-night infomercials, especially on
the Radio Classics channel. And a lot of 'em. Luckily
the Symphony Hall channel is commercial-free if you don't
count the many cross-channel and program promotions.

And don't get me started on the channels that they've
dropped in favor of more Spanish-language channels and
crappy rock/pop/rap "music" channels. So long World Radio,
Book Radio, Classical Pops, Sports Express (a Canadian sports
channel, and Sports Extra (a French Canadian sports channel)
among others.

In spite of all that, Happy Valentine's Day to the rrs regulars.

Nyssa, who will be spending the afternoon baking Valentine's
Day cupcakes for the neighbors and listening to Sirius NHL
Network radio shows