Old February 15th 17, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] asswideshut@138mail.com is offline

Default Sirius/XM Radio

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 8:47:27 AM UTC-6, Nyssa wrote:

for the NHL games. Now they only have *some* of the games on
Sirius but ALL of them are on XM. I've called and complained
to no avail. Their answer is that all the games are available
on Sirius Internet "Radio" at an additional charge. I'm on
dialup, so even if I were willing to pay extra for what I
should already be getting (I'm not), it wouldn't work. And I
can't haul my computer from one end of the house to the other
like I can my radio to listen while I'm working.

And if there is no RF involved, it isn't RADIO, dammit!

I accused them of treating their customers differently based
on whether they are Sirius or XM even though they're supposed
to be the same company. They didn't seem to care. No surprise.

And don't get me started on the channels that they've
dropped in favor of more Spanish-language channels and
crappy rock/pop/rap "music" channels. So long World Radio,
Book Radio, Classical Pops, Sports Express (a Canadian sports
channel, and Sports Extra (a French Canadian sports channel)
among others.

My subscription is XM. I do receive all the home feed hockey games but all the visiting team broadcasts are aired via the internet. I have the all access sub so I don't have to pay any extra for the internet feeds. I have never listened via the internet. Like you, I want my radio from the radio.

Yeah the seemingly constant channel shakeups is really annoying. Fortunately none of the channels I listen to have been eliminated. Agree with you on the crappy music they are constantly devoting entire channels to. Good grief. I'm a channel 69 (Escape) and 71 (Sinatra), 40's, 60's, 70's 80's channels listener when wanting to hear music and all have remained intact except they changed the location of the 40's channel once. No biggie. They can keep the rest of the crappy "music" channels.

Minnesota Wild over the Washington Capitals in the Stanley Cup Finals. Series will go seven games. You heard it hear first.