Old February 16th 17, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Nyssa[_2_] Nyssa[_2_] is offline

Default Liberty Net

wrote:

Ping Nyssa...

As one of the few interesting participants on the Liberty
Net I'm interested in your thoughts and opinions on the
current state of the LN.

For the record; Marty in NJ is always interesting and it
is good to hear Al in Long Island back. That makes three
of you. Wow the pickins sure are slim nowadays.

Did Al really win $5000 from Alex Jones for his video
about Hillary Clinton?

Marty and I (and several others, especially those who are
on the chat area of 3950.net during the LN) are not happy
with several things going on lately with the Net.

The long pre-recorded commentaries are one of the biggest
problems. Most don't mind a short clip that is relevant to
the discussion topics, say 30-90 seconds maximum, but those
that go on for ten, fifteen, twenty minutes or more go
against the grain. It's not "discussion" IMO. And most
of them have been boring as heck. Unfortunately, I'm not
Net Control nor is Marty during the Saturday LN, so we
can only comment to Vic outside the LN and express our
objections. It's up to him to cut it off or not, but he
seems to want to continue to allow it, so there ya go.

Steve from Ohio's filibusters are another sore point. He
takes one fact, then embellishes it with non-facts and
suppositions that drive me crazy. That and his transmissions
go on too long, especially on nights when we have a lot
of check-ins waiting to participate. Again, it ain't my
call whether to cut him off and move along.

I have no idea if Al won a prize or not. His signal isn't
very readable via Marty's receiver most nights. His new
connection via a computer patch is better at times, but
I must admit to not hearing everything he says, mostly
due to Marty talking over him back channel to me about
something or other.

I'm glad to know *someone* out there appreciates the work
I put in preparing articles and commentary each week.
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the effort when so much
time is wasted on the LN by recordings and filibusters.

You might want to check out the Mid-Week Liberty Net on
Wednesday nights. It starts an hour earlier than the
Saturday one and Marty is the Net Controller. I don't
do the mid-week, but you might find the topics of interest
since they tend to be more on the philosophical and
scientific types of topics instead of current events and
politics.

Nyssa, who needs to start preparing her notes for Saturday
night's LN