Old February 17th 17, 05:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] asswideshut@138mail.com is offline

Default Liberty Net

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 8:18:36 AM UTC-6, Nyssa wrote:

Marty and I (and several others, especially those who are
on the chat area of 3950.net during the LN) are not happy
with several things going on lately with the Net.

The long pre-recorded commentaries are one of the biggest
problems. Most don't mind a short clip that is relevant to
the discussion topics, say 30-90 seconds maximum, but those
that go on for ten, fifteen, twenty minutes or more go
against the grain. It's not "discussion" IMO. And most
of them have been boring as heck. Unfortunately, I'm not
Net Control nor is Marty during the Saturday LN, so we
can only comment to Vic outside the LN and express our
objections. It's up to him to cut it off or not, but he
seems to want to continue to allow it, so there ya go.

Steve from Ohio's filibusters are another sore point. He
takes one fact, then embellishes it with non-facts and
suppositions that drive me crazy. That and his transmissions
go on too long, especially on nights when we have a lot
of check-ins waiting to participate. Again, it ain't my
call whether to cut him off and move along.

I'm glad to know *someone* out there appreciates the work
I put in preparing articles and commentary each week.
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the effort when so much
time is wasted on the LN by recordings and filibusters.

You might want to check out the Mid-Week Liberty Net on
Wednesday nights. It starts an hour earlier than the
Saturday one and Marty is the Net Controller. I don't
do the mid-week, but you might find the topics of interest
since they tend to be more on the philosophical and
scientific types of topics instead of current events and
politics.

Nyssa, who needs to start preparing her notes for Saturday
night's LN

Thanks for your candid response Nyssa, frankly I thought you would sugar coat things. I understand the position you and Marty are in regarding Vic. With him being net controller for over 40 years you really have no viable options to implement the needed changes short of a coup d'état and you are both too classy to do that. So grin and bear it you must.

By the by, I've always detected a very subtle dislike of Marty by Vic. I believe the seeds of that were likely sown years ago because Marty was one of the few LN participants with the courage to disagree openly with him. I seem to recall Vic's proclamation that "Reagan was the best President ever" to be a particular point of contention between them. Anyway that's just my take from the outside looking in. And good for Marty.

Your insights into Steve are spot on. The platitude "it isn't what one knows that is so dangerous, it's the things that one knows that aren't so that are so dangerous" always leaps to mind when listening to his harangues. Also, I don't know if you've noticed this but he is evidencing early signs of Alzheimer's which he's mentioned his mother has. Count the number of times he can't remember things during his transmissions. In toto he is a rather sad case but it is difficult to feel sorry for someone so cock sure of himself.

As for the mid-week LN, I am usually listening to a hockey game so it isn't even on my radar screen to tune in. Old habits die hard. Some things are just meant for Saturday nights and the LN is one of them.

And yes your research and contributions on the LN are definitely appreciated by more than you know. Thanks for the hard work and effort you put forth to make the LN a worthwhile listen.

Hear ya Saturday eve.