Old March 3rd 17, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
analogdial analogdial is offline

Default Who's Bankrolling Alex Jones?

DhiaDuit wrote:

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 7:46:13 AM UTC-6, analogdial wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:
Do you knowwww, in Iceland weather news, they also have Aurora
Borealis lights predictions too.

I did not know that. I suppose some of the radio amatuers up there try
to make contacts off the aurora. Might be good for TV DX, too.

earlytelevision.org ...Mechanical TV

Earliest TV I ever saw was a mirror top set. Probably pre-war, very
rare. It was in a friend's basement. I think a relative had died and
they inherited that and some early 50's Philco TV. Neither of the TVs
worked and they hoped I could help get them going. I was pretty new to
repair then and I guessed the mirror top set was something special. I
didn't want to do my usual, at the time, hack attempt at repair. I
later learned how rare these sets are.

We declared the Philco trash and I salvaged a couple of locktals from it.