Old January 7th 05, 06:30 PM
t.hoehler

"Scott W. Harvey" wrote in message
Al Parker wrote:
C-clips

It sure helps if you have 3 hands when using this method ;-)

Al, W8UT

Three hands not required. I can get one of these rings off in about two
seconds using the described method, with two hands, no problem.

I have seen the "official" tool that was originally used to
attach/remove these rings, and it is a fairly complicated
gizmo....Probably unobtainable unless special-ordered. With that tool,
it's a one-handed job.

-Scott

It's sorta like those plastic Heyco cord strain reliefs that pinch down on
the cable, and then you push it thru a double D hole in the chassis. They
are a b@@ch to put in with pliers, but with the heyco tool, it's a simple
one handed job.
Regards,
Tom/