Old January 7th 05, 10:06 PM
K3HVG

Are the rectifiers solid-state or the original tubes? The manual says
to expect a 12% increase in voltage using solid state rectifiers. Also,
someone, along the way, may have changed the p.s. to capacitor input,
vice choke, in the filter sction??? Regards de K3HVG

Antonio I0JX wrote:
The DC output voltages being higher than what reported in the Collins manual (i.e. 360 VDC and 900VDC), I decided to directly measure the AC voltages on the rectifier plates.

During receive, I measured somewhat less than 2 x 400VAC and 2x1000VAC (filaments voltages are OK, i.e. 5V and 6.3V). So the higher DC voltages are justified.

Does anybody recall having measured said AC voltages?

Thanks and 73

Tony, I0JX