Old January 7th 05, 10:48 PM
Antonio I0JX

AC voltages do not vary whether using a solid state or tube rectifier. =
By the way I still have the 5U4 and 5R4. My problem is that the AC =
voltages are high (and hence the DC ones).

Tony, I0JX

"K3HVG" ha scritto nel messaggio =
Are the rectifiers solid-state or the original tubes? The manual says =

to expect a 12% increase in voltage using solid state rectifiers. =

Also,=20
someone, along the way, may have changed the p.s. to capacitor input,=20
vice choke, in the filter sction??? Regards de K3HVG
=20
Antonio I0JX wrote:
The DC output voltages being higher than what reported in the =

Collins manual (i.e. 360 VDC and 900VDC), I decided to directly measure =
the AC voltages on the rectifier plates.
=20
During receive, I measured somewhat less than 2 x 400VAC and =

2x1000VAC (filaments voltages are OK, i.e. 5V and 6.3V). So the higher =
DC voltages are justified.
=20
Does anybody recall having measured said AC voltages?
=20
Thanks and 73
=20
Tony, I0JX