Old January 8th 05, 12:36 AM
w9gb

"Dick" wrote in message
Urgently need the 8 prong plug that goes in the back of a Johnson Ranger
II. If
you have one of these, PLEASE email me at and I will
happily buy it from you. Last item needed in restoration. Thank you!

"patgkz" wrote in message
If I am not mistaken, it is a 9-pin plug.

Rare as hen's teeth.

patgkz -

This is incorrect information - NOT rare as hen's teeth (made in Salem, NJ)
and it is an 8-pin octal. This socket and plug combination for the rear
panel is an 8-pin Octal (Series 86) now made by WPI. (The ninth pin is NOT
a pin, but actually the alignment keyway)

I am looking at January 2005 QST, that shows Stu Cohen building the ARRL
Ranger II kit (Figure 7 page 42) and I am also reading the parts list from a
copy of the Ranger II assembly manual (BAMA).

w9gb