Old January 8th 05, 05:14 AM
gb

"Lonnie" wrote in message
news:2%GDd.16011$c%.12884@okepread05...
The Ranger, Ranger II, and Valiant schematics all show a nine-pin
connector. The connector I just pulled off of my Ranger is a nine-pin
male plug.

I believe that that settles the matter.

But I agree that they are not rare; I can find them in lots of places. I
have several myself that I bought just 'cause (they were cheap, too).

If you want to talk about a hard-to-find connector, let's track down some
of those furshlugginer four-pin "microphone" plugs that Johnson used for
bias control on the Thunderbolt and power supply to the SSB adapter on the
Valiant II. Would LOVE to find some of those! Same pin pattern as the
insert in the large Amphenol microphone connector (used by Motorola and
early Heathkit) but with a tin backshell.

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ

Mahlon -

I believe that Amphenol connector series (microphone) was also handed over
to WPI (Salem, NJ operations), you can always check the catalog or give them
a call (they also handle a large number of military and specialized
connectors).
http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/Cata...alog%20PDF.pdf

gb