Old January 10th 05, 03:36 AM
Brian Denley

Phil Nelson wrote:
Did you read the part about restringing and the dial directions? That
gets me wondering about the direction issue again...

I think the consensus was that SX-28s seem to have come working both
ways from the factory. My personal preference would be to have the
dial move in the same direction as the knob, but some folks
(including me) swear they have an original-looking SX-28 that moves
the opposite way.
I still haven't decided whether that preference is strong enough to
make me cut off the perfectly-functional new bandstring and install a
new one that works the other way. Guess I'll have to decide by the
time I finish repainting/relettering the front panel. Once the panel
is in place, it's trickier, although not impossible, to replace that
string.
Regards,

Phil Nelson

Phil:
Is there supposed to be a mechanical stop to keep one from turning the band
change dial too far and screwing it up, or from turning it the wrong way??

--
Brian Denley