Old January 13th 05, 04:07 AM
Brian Denley

Phil Nelson wrote:

From using my first SX-28, I have to say that the stop feels more
mechanical (i.e., look at your detent assembly), not like hitting the
end of a string. If your bandswitch turns smoothly from one band to
the next, is it possible that somebody disassembled the bandshaft and
left out some pieces, or forgot to tighten things down?

Regards,

Phil Nelson

Phil:
Yeah, it feels like you can turn it past the lower (or upper band) and go
around again and break something. It feels like it's just the cord strength
preventing you from continuing. I don't remember seeing those blocking
washers but I will go inside again and look.

Thanks again Phil, your website has been a huge inspiration and source of
information for work I have done on my 28. Now if I could just get that AVC
working right......

--
Brian Denley