Old February 15th 16, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane[_3_] Phil Kane[_3_] is offline

Default CAI comments on HR 1301

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 17:43:13 EST, (Patty Winter)
quoted CAI's amendments:

4. Accommodation of the interests of all homeowners and residents,
including those of an amateur services licensee, in establishment
of any written rule related, but not limited to, sight easements,
interference with air, light, and open space, or the permitted
height of principal structures in relation to external antennas,
towers, or other apparatus necessary for carrying on amateur service
communications;

This is the so-called "balancing test" that the FCC rejected in
applying the provisions of PRB-1 because it's a sneaky way of getting
around "reasonable accommodation".

Requiring written standards scares me because my experience on both
sides of a HOA as well as my experience as an attorney dealing with
communication site permit issues has shown me that any "standards" are
adversarial and always biased against the applicant. This is what the
legislation is intended to prevent.

Thank you to writing to Anna - she understands. Fortunately Greg
Walden, the subcommittee chair, also understands.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel