Old January 16th 05, 03:02 AM
Michael Black

Mike Knudsen ) writes:
In article , "patgkz"
writes:

I just know that if
I do a real good alignment on the radio, the set will be sensitive up to
30MHz even though it has no RF amplifier.

Gee, what was there to align? Maybe a trimmer that controlled the dial
calibration? I'm thinking of a regen set, kick me if I'm wrong.

One of the nicest things about these sets, was nothing to align!
I have a working Ocean Hopper upstairs, and maybe a Span Master. The Hopper is
VERY sensitive, but I have only the BC Band coil.
73, Mike K.

I'm pretty sure the Star Roamer was a cheap superhet. But it can be
difficult to keep track, when there is a certain resemblance between its
name and "Ocean Hopper" and "Span Master".
Michael VE2BVW