Old January 7th 05, 11:06 PM
Paul Rubin

"Jim" writes:
It's called "Olivia." It's a MFSK variant with multiple tones and bandwidth
settings which are currently user selectable The default setup is 32 tones
with a bandwidth of 1000Hz. The mode uses forward error correction allowing
weak signal reception. The made is being developed by Pawel Jalocha,
SP9VRC.

I wonder why anyone is messing with these modes instead of doing DSSS,
now that we can digitally-process the daylights out of the received
signal instead of messing with analog filter banks or whatever. I've
been hoping for something even slower than PSK31, spread over an
entire ham band or even multiple bands. I'd think something like that
would be ultra-reliable through just about any amount of interference.