Old April 11th 16, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx
W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [W2LJ] Never heard Heard

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Never heard Heard

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

I saw on Facebook this morning, that many were thanking the VK0EK
expedition for the ATNO and were thanking them, in general, for a wonderful
DXpedition. I would suspect they have gone QRT.

And I would guess I'm in the minority as I'm not in any of their logs. In
fact, I never even heard them decently well enough to work them. There
were a couple of times that I could tell they were on a given frequency,
but they never loud enough that I would be able to hear my own call come
back to me, on the off-chance that they would have heard me. It didn't
seem right to just add to the QRM.

Am I disappointed? You're darn tootin' I am! Working VK0EK would have
been an ATNO for me and I sure as heck would love to have them in my DXCC
tally. But I'm not depressed about it.

It all goes back to that post a few weeks ago about balance. Yes, I do not
have Heard Island as an entity worked. However, the sun is still shining,
the birds are still chirping, our solar system is still plowing its way
throughout the galaxy. I still have to go to work tomorrow and earn a
living.

And while I didn't work them, and life goes on, I still applaud their
effort. It's not easy to go to a remote island near Antarctica, and brave
the elements and hardships to provide the rest of us Amateur Radio ops with
a bunch of excitement and fun.

Thank you Team VK0EK - even though I'm not in your log - thank you for a
job very well done, indeed!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!