Old June 19th 16, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc
KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [KB6NU] Latest one-day Tech class yields ten new hams

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Latest one-day Tech class yields ten new hams

Yesterday, I taught my second one-day Tech class of the year.Â*This was my
first time teaching a class at a branch of the Ann Arbor District Library,
the Traverwood branch. The room was quite nice, although I had to bring my
own whiteboard. Next time, Ill probably try a different branch.

The important thing is that ten of the eleven students passed the test. Two
of the eleven were women, including Sofi, who is only ten years old, and
Naomi, whose father was ha ham. Of the men, most were in their 20s and 30s.
This should help bring down the average age of the amateur radio community.

(Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. Im not a great photographer, and
I took them quickly in order to disrupt the test as little as possible.)
Yesterdays one-day TechÂ*class taking the exam.

Volunteer examiners for yesterdays one-day Tech class (from left to right):
Dinesh, AB3DC; Ralph, AA8RK; George, K9TRV; Mark, W8FSA.

The post Latest one-day Tech class yields ten new hams appeared first on
KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.