Old June 23rd 16, 05:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc
W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [W2LJ] So busy!

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

So busy!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

This time of year is always so busy!

Two weekends ago, our CERT Team was involved in helping out with crowd
control and vehicle parking at a carnival in town. Last weekend was the
Raritan Valley Radio Club hamfest; and Father's Day. This coming weekend
is Field Day. In between all of that, I'm trying to get that magnetic loop
built (which really shouldn't take all that much time!), still do yard work
and house work; and even get a few hours sleep in.

Last night I went to Home Depot to buy some PVC for a stand for the loop. I
was hoping to use a mini-photographic tripod that I have, but after taking
the center column out, I found out that the 1/2" PVC that I am using is
just a tad too large. For less than $10, I bought all the PVC pipes, tees,
elbows and couplers that I will need. Oh, and while I was there, I bought
two citronella candles for this weekend. Gotta keep those mosquitoes at bay.

I am hoping against hope that NEXT weekend, which is a three day weekend
due to Independence Day being that Monday, will afford me some time to get
the loop built (in and amongst yard work and house cleaning). For
the "prototype", I am going to use one of my hamfest bought capacitors and
a deli meat plastic box for the enclosure. Most of that is already built.
If I get any kind of results, I will go on to making the "finished" model
with the good RF Parts purchased capacitor and the 6:1 reduction planetary
drive, and a nice box. Maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby?

I looked at my watch yesterday and it struck me that it's already the
latter part of June. Where has the time gone? So much to do and so little
time. I'll tell you one thing ...... Winter never seems to pass this
quickly!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!