Old January 6th 05, 04:49 AM
Kevin & Natalia

Default Kenwood TM-D700A information HELP, Mermory, TNC, etc

Hi All,

I have just brought a new Kenwood TM-D700A VHF/UHF mobile transceiver, and
learning what it can do.
Very nice piece of gear.

However I have found a few things in it that do not seem to be right,
compared to my other Kenwood radios.
One of the main problems I have, is understanding the operation of the
Memories.
Should mention at this time, I have done the mod to open the TX portion.

1. What I have done is program the first 100 memories with VHF, and second
100 with UHF.
However when I step through the memories on either band, it goes through the
whole 200. So if I am on VHF, it will also show the UHF memories as well.
(The only ones the VHF won't show are those above 1Ghz, as the display won't
go that high, RX only on the UHF side).
The manual does not say anything about this, or that any memory can be
accessed from either band.

2. As for the TNC feature, can anyone suggest a good program to use with the
built-in TNC????

If anyone can help with any information, I'd be grateful, either send it to
this group, or directly to my home e-mail.
If anyone has any information on how to open the 900Mhz blocked portion on
the US model, I'd like to know, this blocked area, is part of our (ZL) band
plan.

Any other comments, ideas would be of interest as well.

BTW, I have checked all the mod sites on the net for the above information,
without any luck.

Regards

Kevin, ZL1KFM.