Old September 2nd 16, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc
KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [KB6NU] NOT an example of good customer service

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

NOT an example of good customer service

On Monday, I tried placing an order online for some antenna wire with one
of the leading amateur radio retailers. I got through the checkout
procedure, up to the point where I had to type in my credit card info, and
when I clicked Submit, the website went haywire and sent me back to the
retailers homepage. There was no acknowledgement that the order had been
placed, so I assumed that perhaps Id clicked the wrong thing. I went
through the order process again, only to have the same thing happen.

At that point, I e-mailed the retailer, and described what had happened. I
asked them to check if an order had been placed, and in the event that two
orders had been placed, noted that I only wanted one of them.

On Tuesday, I got a reply from one of their customerÂ*service
representatives. He noted that he could only find a record of an order that
I placed last October.

I phoned the company and spoke with this customer service rep. I explained
again what had happened, and he blew me off, saying, Well, the problem must
be on your end. We must have had 60 web orders yesterday.

He seemed equally unconcerned (clueless?) when I said, Sure, you may have
had 60 successful orders, but you dont know how many orders that you lost
because the customers were unable to complete their purchases. What I said
went in one ear and right out the other.

I was both baffled and concerned by this guys reaction.I know that whenever
someone seems to have a problem ordering my books from KB6NU.Com, Im all
over it.

Not only was he quick to blame the way my web browser was set up, he didnt
really seem to care about his website security. Chances areÂ*my credit card
information has disappeared into the bit bucket, but I really have no way
to know that for sure. It could now be in the hands of someone who’ll use
it for no good. I truly hope that’s not the case.
Ive always respected this retailer, but now Ill certainly have second
thoughts about ordering from them again.

The post NOT an example of good customer service appeared first on KB6NUs
Ham Radio Blog.