Old April 15th 17, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] asswideshut@138mail.com is offline

Default What Year Was This?

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 8:29:08 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:
On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 8:07:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 9:57:07 AM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

1955 was when the cars got sleek/streamlined looking, body styling. Back then, new cars were usually put on the market somewhere around October/November of each year.

I remember as a kid the annual roll out of new model automobiles was a much anticipated event by young and old. Everyone would go to local dealers just to look at them. I miss the good old days, everyone was much happier back then.

Those big heavy cars were gas hogs, I owned a 1958 Oldsmobile station wagon. When I drove that car I could steady see the fuel gauge needle heading for EMPTY. Cars and gas was much cheaper way back then, a dollar was worth much more than nowadays. The quality/fit and finish was terrible, the little foreign cars that were imported into America back in the 1950s forced the American car manufactures to improve the quality of American cars.

I drove a 1962 Oldsmobile sedan. It was built like a tank and that is why I liked it. I wanted lots of steel around me if I had an accident. Mileage is unimportant when gas costs .35 cents a gallon. Wish I had the old cars I used to drive today. They can stick today's plastic and fiberglass roller skates on wheels called automobiles up their collective asses. $30,000 or more for a car that is engineered to fall apart in 5 years. EFF YOU! Cripes you used to be able to buy a beautiful house with that kind of money.

Cars were made to last a lifetime back then. That changed when the educated idiots (MBA's) and corporate bean counters took over and decided to screw the public by selling junk that would fall apart after 5 years so they could sell parts and more cars. They call it "planned obsolescence". I call it "f***ing the American consumer".