Old April 15th 17, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
George Cornelius George Cornelius is offline

Default 59 Tomahawk Missiles @ $1.4 Million Per Missile = $82,600,000

In article , I wrote:
In article
, writes:

[...]

Lyndon B. Johnson: August 1964, in Vietnam=E2=80=99s Gulf of Tonkin, two U.
S. ships were reported attacked. Johnson went on the air that night and spo
ke to the American people about the "unprovoked" attack and
the bombing response he ordered in retaliation against the North. In all,
he ordered 64 sorties, bombing a coal mine, an oil depot, and much of North
Vietnam's navy.

I cannot highly enough recommend the documentary _The Fog of War_ directed
by Errol Morris, especially for those around during the Vietnam era.

From Wikiquotes ( https : // en.wikiquote.org / wiki / The_Fog_of_War ):

McNamara: It was just confusion, and events afterwards showed that our judgment
that we'd been attacked that day was wrong. It didn't happen. And the judgment
that we'd been attacked on August 2nd was right.

In the same year as the incidents above, and just a few months after
Kennedy's death, someone very close to me graduated from the University
of Wyoming. In the associated graduation booklet was listed this military
science student who was also graduating:

George B. McClellan

The state's sole congressman at the time:

William Henry Harrison

Whoa! Who spun the dials on the Wayback Machine!

To venture even further from the topic at hand, my cousin
lived in that school's campus housing in that era as well.
No friend of the Republicans, he recounts a story of him
and some other boys cavorting with their bicycles in the back
yard of another resident, a certain Mr. Richard Cheney. And
learning first hand that even as an innocent child there were
certain people whose wrath you really, really did not want
to incur.

Not that it has anything to do with our narrative, or WMD's
that might have been spirited away from Iraq into Syria, or
anything like that.

But it is a small world.

George