Old January 6th 04, 03:00 PM
Ken Bessler

Default Stupid question G5RV

I'm planning on putting up a MFJ G5RV antenna on the
flat roof of my 3 story apt building. I will be putting it up
as an inverted V on a 10 foot mast. Can't go any higher
do to landlord restrictions (hey - at least he's letting me
put the thing up - nice guy).

Problem is that the building is only 54x40 so the ends
of the G5RV will hang off the roof, half square style.

I've got trees and a tall fence outside the building that
can support the ends of the antenna but that would
mean bending the G5RV horizontally (tree NW of the
building, fence NE of the building)......

Question is should I use the supports or keep the ant
straight and let the ends droop? Actually, only 1 end
would droop as I could use the tree for support on the
other end - there is just no support on the SE side.

I know, I know.......stupid question - I should know
better. :-)

Ken KG0WX