Old April 23rd 17, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Dusek John Dusek is offline

Default ICOM IC-R75 - Tuning Knob Issue

Hi -

I just purchased a used ICOM IC-R75 over eBay.

The radio seems to work fine in all ways except the tuning knob.

Whether the knob is turned clockwise or counter-clockwise, the tuning setting goes downward.

Its like both directions are telling the radio to turn the knob counter-clockwise.

I did a soft reset of the radio/CPU base don the instruction manual, and left the radio turned off for a period of time - neither changed this behavior.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? any easy fixes?

Thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

John