Old January 9th 05, 03:56 PM
Brian Reay

"Spike" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:37:38 -0000, "Brian Reay"
wrote:

"Spike" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:04:59 -0000, "Airy R. Bean"
wrote:

.....is that we club together and conceive of a design
for an HF transceiver that could form the basis of the
station of any budding Radio Ham.

Bean apears to be operating in 'Rehabilitation Mode' - all his old
chestnuts are coming out.....:-(

I've little doubt that is his ploy. However, I lean toward being of an
overly forgiving nature and, if he can behave, maybe some good will come

of
it and he will learn something.

Hmm...perhaps it's just another turn of the ever-repeating cycle?

Well some people are slow learners. In fact, I seem to recall one student of
DSP admitting he was just such a slow learner.

If he learns just one new thing every cycle, have we not a duty as radio
amateurs to try and assist him? OK, it maybe painful for us, he will be
ungrateful, it may seem like we are banging out heads against a brick wall,
but think of the challenge. We could succeed where Essex University failed!

At worst we can go back though Google and refer him to previous answers.

Afraid not - he doesn't follow urls. I don't know if this is from
unfamiliarity with usenet, or that he can't read a reference and
understand which parts were relevant to the discussion. And anyway, if
you start quoting him back at himself, he killfiles you. Allegedly.

Treat it as another challenge- something we can teach him.

I'm almost tempted to let him out of the killfile but I think I'll just
watch the follow ups for now. With a recalcitrant people it does no good to
give them too much rope early on.

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk