Old May 10th 17, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] asswideshut@138mail.com is offline

Default My and DhiaDuet's Summer Vacation Itinerary

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 9:19:13 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
wrote:

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:37:18 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

truewestmagazine.com Were there any outlaws or cowboys who were disabled? ...Boots and shoes that don't fit right definetly will make a cripple out of you. I am goin back to the wagon folks, these boots are killin me! There were 'boot hills' everywhere, unless those people were buried bare footed. If some of those dead people were wearing nice looking boots/shoes, they probally got 'swapped out'

I remember an episode of The Big Valley in which Nick and Heath had a bet and the loser had to break in the new boots of the other. Nick lost. I still laugh recalling Heath slumped in a rocking chair on the porch with his hat pulled down over his eyes snoozing while Nick paced back and forth on the porch wearing Heath's new boots cursing all the way.

After all was said done Nick couldn't walk for a week due to blisters etc. and Heath strutted around in his new comfortable broken in boots with Cheshire cat grin on his face for the rest of the show.

I wish they made television shows as good as then. The libtards got rid of westerns and replaced them with junior has two daddies fare.

TV westerns were one damn show after another with of the same old sets,
same old cactus, the same old dull look. People wanted the colors of
NOW (circa 1968). Few people bought an expensive color set to have the
greyscales "enhanced" to various shades of sepia and beige.

Star Trek was largely an old school TV western dressed up with more
interesting visuals and bright primary colors. Even Spock started out
as that familiar TV Western cliche -- the half breed who doesn't quite
fit into either world.

Baloney. For the real reasons behind the decline of the western see
http://www.insp.com/blog/times-changed-tv-westerns/

Demographics and the libtard "anti-violence" agenda were the back breakers. Known as the "Rural Purge" in the industry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_purge