Old May 21st 17, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Vassilis Spiliopoulos Vassilis Spiliopoulos is offline

Default Ham radio regulation is a complete JOKE

On 5/21/2017 10:35 PM, fred k. engels wrote:
And well, the Enigma 2000 belong to everyone, not just Enigma 2000 .
Enigma 2000 are not offered IN MY COUNTRY more than once per year.
If you have a working brain, you should have understood that I am not
from Enigma 2000 .You are one country in Enigma 2000 .It does not mean
Enigma 2000
follows your standards.

"Vassilis Spiliopoulos" wrote in message
news
On 5/21/2017 9:23 PM, Michael Black wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2017, Vassilis Spiliopoulos wrote:

Maybe you did not read the text.
THE EXAM DATE IS USUALLY MAY 20-25 WHICH IS THE WORST DAY POSSIBLE DUE
TO EXAMS!!!

Are you giving them, or taking them?

Exams won't go on forever, you may have to wait.

Or get a note from your parents.

I got my ham license when I was 12, going down in May and failing the
code receiving test, going back towards the end of June and passing that
test and getting the license. I got time off from elementary school, my
mother wrote a note for me.

Some countries don't have fixed dates for the ham exams. Or not once a
year. IN the US, they used to have a license where someone could take
the test locally if they lived a certain distance from an examining
office, and of course the original Novice license in the US used a
voluntary examiner. But that's in the past, more recently in the US all
the tests are given by voluntary examiners, so the date can be any time.
If you went to the big Dayton hamfest this weekend, you could take the
test I'm sure, bu it wouldn't be the only date. Here in Canada we also
use voluntary examiners, I forget when that came into effect, it was
decades after I took the test.

So depending on where you are, and you don't say that, there probably is
some way to accommodate someone who is unavailable when the exam is
given, if the exam is only once a year on a fixed date.

Michael

---
http://www.avg.com

Well the exams here are at unsuitable dates for young adults.

The E2K leader is a selfish fag, we call him Paul the Parrot.