Old January 13th 05, 01:09 PM
Airy R.Bean

Default ATU capacitors?

I wonder if there is any mileage to be had from adapting
the numerous junk-mail CD's as the vanes of ATU
capacitors?

1. We already have a form that is circular (no waste) and
with an accurately-positioned central hole.

2. There is a metallic film sandwiched between the plastic.

3. Is this film to thin to stand up to the RF currents that
will spread out across it when charging & discharging?

4. How would we make metallic contact to the film without
destroying the film at the point of contact?

5. Does anybody know the type of metal making up the film, i.e.,
can we solder to it?

6. Is the plastic of a suitable quality? Will it arc-through?