Old June 4th 17, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] asswideshut@138mail.com is offline

Default Amateur Radio Regulations Question

Is it legal for ham radio operators to rebroadcast radio programs on the amateur radio bands?

I know there is a prohibition against "broadcasting" but I suppose there is a gray area that allows license holders to get away with replaying whatever propaganda they want to air.

The lame Liberty Net has a hick from Georgia that broadcasts long spiels from wing nut preachers et.al. Besides being dreadfully boring I always wonder if that is legal. Is it?

The Liberty Net also blatantly violates the laws against using profanity on the air waves. Vic, the net moderator being one of the most frequent culprits.

Sad state of affairs in the world of amateur radio today. I remember when one could tune in and listen to intelligent and high quality nets on the bands.