Old June 6th 17, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.space
N6PSE via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin N6PSE via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [N6PSE] If you could

n6pse

If you could

https://n6pse.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/if-you-could/

If you could sit down and have a conversation with any ham past or present,
who would it be?

Ive had the honor of meeting and becoming friends with many of my heroes
including Martti-OH2BH, Zorro-JH1AJT, Don Miller-W9WNV, David-K3LP,
Hrane-YT1AD and others.

If I could sit down and have a conversation with Chuck Brady-N4BQW (SK) I
would really enjoy that. Chuck Brady was an extremely accomplished
individual. A Medical Doctor, a Captain in the US Navy, a NASA Astronaut, a
devoted amateur radio operator having operated from Wake Island, Kingman
Reef, Bouvet and other places.

While I never met Chuck Brady, I think I would have liked him. He was a man
of action. He did things that others just dream of doing. He appears to
have been a driven and accomplished individual. I would like to have asked
him about his small boat voyage to Kingman Reef from Palmyra. I would like
to have listened to him tell me about his time on Bouvet. Its very tragic
how and why his life ended and his state of mind at the time.

Who knows what Chuck Brady could have achieved if he were still with us.

What do you think?