Old June 20th 17, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.misc
VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [VK2TPM] Future of Radio Australia Shortwave broadcasting - Senate Committee Hearings begin

marxy's musing on technology

Future of Radio Australia Shortwave broadcasting - Senate Committee
Hearings begin

http://blog.marxy.org/2017/06/future...shortwave.html

Last Friday the Senate Committee hearings into a bill by Senator Xenophon
to compel the ABC to resume short wave broadcasting began.

The SWLing Post reports that former RA transmission manager Nigel Holmes
appeared. He jovially described being "grilled like a breakfast kipper" but
I'm confident his encyclopaedic knowledge would have served the committee
well.

I think it's important that there

Switched to the NBN - seems good

http://blog.marxy.org/2017/06/switch...eems-good.html

We've been receiving letters for months from ISPs offering to be the ones
to connect us to the NBN which has just arrived in our area.

As we were already on Telstra cable we decided to switch with them. I chose
to self install the modem and a router arrived a week ago. It was puzzling
because it didn't have a cable connection on the back.

Today the missing piece, the black box shown at