Old June 26th 17, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
analogdial analogdial is offline

Default Comptroller: 'State can no longer function'

George Cornelius wrote:

AD wrote:
[...]
On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 11:36:43 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:

www.drudgereport.com ...Bananaois

The Federal Government is sucking too much tax money out of Illinois and
sending it to Mississippi.

Good

It's such a shame that The Magnificent Trump plans to make cuts to the
Food Stamp program. I would have preferred that SNAP cards were
printed with "Cheerfully Provided by the Good People of New York,
California and Illinois".

That's rich.

The states whose liberal elites are the founders of the welfare state
complaining that the welfare state is making them broke.

Haven't you figured it out yet? Sad. We do it to keep them DEPENDENT.

That't the whole point of welfare.

Everyone knows that.

If you quit telling Mississippi who has to be subsidized and to what
extent, and if you quit thinking that the top brackets need to pay
a vastly disproportionate share of the welfare state, then maybe
some of your high rollers' funds could have been tapped to keep
you yourselves from going down the tubes. There is a valid argument,
and always has been, for using local funds to solve local problems.

Ah, there's the rub. We liberals gave the states TOO MUCH CONTROL in
the food stamp program. Sure, the always intrusive Federal Government
insisted the states better make even Injuns and Colored People eligible,
but we REALLY should be shooting cans of Hammer & Sickle BEETS &
TURNIPS directly to our dependants from gigantic USDA cannons in
Washington DC.

To HELL with the profiteering, capitalist local supermarkets!!

So the high income states are bearing Kipling's "The White Man's Burden".

Oh the irony.

Kipling forgot about Oprah.

George