Old December 8th 03, 08:55 PM

Midwest Kid wrote:

"DooDahMan" wrote in message

What should I do? I know for a fact that it's not illegal and this

asshole
harrassed me just cuz he was bored i suppose.

First, speak with some lawyers and the prosecutor/district attorney. If you
find you are in the right, then I would see if it's legal for you to record
everything. File a complaint against the cop and if they call you, record
what they say. They could come and lock you up, and then you could end up
with a nice nest egg.

Let's get real and stop the BS. The police are not going to lock anyone
up for having a scanner in their vehicle of not having the belt on.
That's the most stupid thing I have read.

You most likely was stopped to for NOT being buckled up. Most states
require some other violation before they can use the belt laws. The
scanner was just an after thought when the officer seen it. The majority
of police (citizens) know nothing about radio/scanner laws. It's not a
hobby like fishing or motorcycling etc..

What you DDM should do is stop being a nut and start being polite, just
like you would expect be to done to you. The newsgroups are not the
place to ask legal questions in the first place. As was stated, get a
copy of the scanner laws and show the officer, that could help him/her
in their duties and help keep the heat off off of you and someone else
in the future.