Old June 30th 17, 08:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
ZS6BNE via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin ZS6BNE via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [ZS6BNE] RaDAR - Assessing the QRO kit

ZS6BNE's Blog

RaDAR - Assessing the QRO kit

https://zs6bne.wordpress.com/2017/06...g-the-qro-kit/

A little while ago I swapped my FT-847 (Satellite capable HF/VHF/UHF radio)
+ FC-30 automatic ATU for an FT-897d (HF/VHF/UHF radio) plus accessories
which included a LDG AT-897 automatic ATU, Collins SSB and CW filters and a
mobile bracket (Unable to use with fitted ATU).

I did have the TOKO filter replacement done by Daniel, ZS6JR which cost me
just over a grand but good to know the rig is sound and in optimum working
condition.

I later bought a second hand built in FP-30 AC power supply for it. It
wasnt cheap either but I felt it was a useful addition for Fixed station
RaDAR without having the need to transport a separate high power (20A
Plus)13.8 volt DC power supply.

The rig can take internal batteries or a battery supply can be plugged in
using a separate DC cable. 7 A / Hr SLABS work well in this regard. All
this fits in well for RaDAR

I did some price checks with values I got off the Internet.

FT-897d $725,Â*AT-897 $165, FP-30 $175 and MMB-50 $37 = $1,102 =
R14,320.00

Thats a pretty price to pay for a rig with itsÂ*accessories but sounds more
or less what it is. A good investment. I keep it within a protective
carrying case for safe keeping.

73 de Eddie ZS6BNE